Friday, July 21, 2006

"You'll Look So Debonair" or "Yul [ Brynner ] Look So Debonair"

 
 
 
 

More ad slogans from back inna day:

1) You can trust your car to the man who wears the star-the big bright Texaco star!

2) Brylcreem-a little dab a do ya; Brylcreem-you'll look so debonair; Brylcreem, the gals will all peruse, er, pursue you; they love to get their fingers in yer hair. Thanks to Thomas Anonymous.

3) I'd even go North for "Southern Bread."

4) Plop plop fizz fizz; oh what a relief it is.

5) I can't believe I ate the whole [ forkin' ] thing!

6) No matter what shape yer stomach's in!

7) The "Shell" Answer Man: Let's ask him today why the price of a single gallon of petrol is so [ freakin' ] high! I'd like to see him try and answer that one, eh?

8) The beer that made Milwaukee famous. Whatever happened to Schlitz, anyhoo? Now there's Heineken, Boss, Michelob, Coors, Icehouse, Red Stripe, Corona, etc. Whatever happened to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Old Milwaukee, my favorite beer as a young adult. [ they don't make 'em like they used to ]

9) Bosco [ don't recall the slogan ]

10) [ This airline is currently in bankruptcy ] is ready when you are.

Thomas, wherefore art thou? Can you add to the list, v.c.

P.S. I still use Brylcreem. The synchronicity vibe is alive and well.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could help you out, but I really rather have a Buick. Now I can take a lickn' and keep on tickin' cuz I'd rather fight than switch. ( heh )

T.A.