Friday, July 14, 2006

"Summer=Reruns: Tonite's Oldie But Goodie is 'Ode to Kitty'"

"Ode to Kitty" was written circa December, 2004. Time flies when yer havin' fun, eh?

Tonite's foray will be brief. We will eshew ( gesundheit ) entering the perilous parameters of the political arena [ strong attempt at the alliterative vibe, here ] and, instead, go with something a bit more constructive: An Ode To Kitty, my darling wife of umpteen years. How she's been able to put up with me for so long defies comprehension.

Her job description is limitless. And she never receives enough help from me and the kids, Charlie Jr. and Katlin.

She cooks; she works; she listens to my whining; she scolds; she inspires; she's industrious [ envious am I, here ]; she's responsible; she's loving; the list goes on and on.

I have been listening to "Revolver" this week via the c.d. playa. During those lonesome times on the road from H.W. to the Pond and back. And one of me favourites [ keep listening to it over and over ] is the lovely "Here, There, and Everywhere." And the lyrics describe my affections for Kitty, my wife, confidante, and friend.

So here's to you, Kitty:

*editor's note: This rerun of "Ode to Kitty" will include the actual song which is to follow, as soon as I, the ed., refrain from eschewing [ bless you ] the scenery. Click here, s'il vous plait.


To lead a better life I need my love to be here...

Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with a wave of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there
There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside meI know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want her everywhere
and if she's beside meI know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

To be there and everywhere
Here, there and everywhere

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. Due to the sensitive subject matter of tonite's foray, all postscripts have been shelved until a later date.

posted by vietnamcatfish at 1:42 AM

3 Comments:
Hoots said...
Good stuff.
Warm regards to Kitty from Hoots, wishing you decades more of happy times together.

5:15 AM
vietnamcatfish said...
Thanks, hootster. Kitty is "the sunshine of my life." A tip of the cap to Stevie Wonder, whose "Songs in the Key of Life" is one of me all time favourite l.p.'s. Always got to get in a music plug, eh? Thanks again, v.c.

11:53 PM
Anonymous said...
I hope Kitty saw that post. I am sure she would love it more than any gift. Take a lesson from the infamous and MIA Demosthenextcard, I am quite certain that Kitty would love a snuggle rub herself. Why, you might even hear her begin to purrrrrrrrrr............

No comments: