Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hello From Cyberspace"

The catfish's participation has been dormant as of late. It's a long story, and one I will share soon. Once again I am a free agent in the world of employment. Here we go again, eh?

Seems my boss didn't cotton to my way of thinking. And vice versa to be sure. At my new/old digs, the golden rule was in vogue. Whoever has the gold makes the rules, and yours truly has no gold to speak of, so I was doomed.

My lard-ass, er, pleasingly plump, boss was a son-of-a-gun. And I'm glad to leave the environment. Passive-aggressivism out the ying-yang is being polite to descibe the many shenanigans that took place while I was employed there.

Hell-Whole II. Is all I can say. However, I did like the freedom of managing my own schedule. But as in most food biz jobs, the hours are long, the staff is undependendable and don't give a shit, and the mental duress is not worth it.

Well, c'est la vie. The cat's out of the bag. [ pun intention left to the discretion of the reader ]

It's all good, v.c.

P.S. If you happen to be reading, hootster, I always remember your saying, "when I'm on my death bed, Shirley, I won't think I should have worked more hours on the job." Paraphrasing, but you get the jist. And my sentiments exactly.

P.S.S. Click on the link to fully appreciate what the food biz does to you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your unemployment siruation. When I left the Big Lubinski I went back to Truck U and got a masters that allowed me to get an eight to fiver. It took me a while to learn how to behave under those conditions. Any way, good luck as always, it does not matter what kind of cat you are, you will always land on all four feet er, fins. Rock on Luby's

Regards

Rockhead

Hoots said...

Best of luck as you find out what happens next. Just remember that the loss was theirs, not yours. Just as that last environment was better than the one before, the next one will be even better.

And hello, Rockhead. Long time, no hear. Glad to know you're still out there. I have a fantasy that someday we might all get together for a beer. Who knows? It's not a stretch. Where there's a will there's a way.

vietnamcatfish said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, fellas. Truck U. is just a distant memory. Time flies.... I liked the fins angle, btw.

No telling what the future holds. IOnly time will tell.

Hoots, you were on a roll over at Hootsbuddy's place. I helped knock Iraq off the front page.

You guys take care, v.c.

pictruandtru said...

Good Luck and Godspeed in your quest for the ultimate job that will enable you to downshift the Pinto into a comfortable cruising range, if that be your wish. I actually will receive four (4) W-2 forms for this tax year as a result of my quest, which has ended in a win-win for my family and I. Never since working construction years ago, has this happened!

Six months later, and I'm in the job of my dreams... Even though indirectly, the actions or inactions of others are managed by me in a more macro-type insulated enviroment than the food biz model, I an able to mouth the words, "make it happen" without worrying about the micro-details.

Luby's does rock...as witnessed by me personally, and as evidenced by the recent foray with the release of "House of Plenty".

pictruandtru

Anonymous said...

Pic,

What did you think of "House of Plenty?" I really do not know to much of the history of Picadilly but I have a strange feeling that they are very similar. Your comments if you see this. Rock on Luby's

Rockhead

Anonymous said...

V.C., I agree with Rockhead. You will land on all "fours"
Hang in there!

Slippery

pictruandtru said...

I've read the "official" stories of both companies, which are written like the copy is off the backs of pictures, short and choppy, yet full of facts and recollections.

"House of Plenty" is truly a great read, comprising all the known facts, plus the inside scoop with all the details of the "why and how" of the history from the Johnsons perspective. Written by a true novelist, this book has all the juice to make it an interesting read for anyone, especially an insider.

pictruandtru