Sunday, July 16, 2006

"All Together Now" or "Creative Spark Is [ Once Again ] Kaput, Fini.'" Or "Perhaps I'm Just Forkin' Tired!"

 

When I gathered-up this picture from the internet and google, feelings of a long time ago, aka back in the day, quickly made their way through my psyche. For a minute, I was back in 1968.

The Fab 4 were still together; James Bond was battling SPECTRE; Laugh-In was the coolest show on television; Colonels in Viet Nam were enjoying the smell of napalm in the morning; Muhammed Ali claimed he had no quarrel with Charlie; Doc Bannick was attempting to school me in Physics at Rowdy High ( unsuckcessfully I might add ); the minimum wage was $1.00 an hour; Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy had been assassinated; Joe Willie had yet to win the Super Bowl; Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell were going at it in the Garden with the venerable Chris Schenkel providing the play-by-play; and there was no oil embargo and gas cost around 25 cents per gallon. [ this is not a misprint ]

Ah, memories. Just from one photograph.

Can I bring my friend to tea? v.c.

P.S. Man had yet to walk on the moon; I was scheduled to visit my cousins in Charleston when yers truly came down with the 3 day measles. ( It was the weekend Robert Kennedy was assassinated. And I missed being in a full-fledged hurricane. Power outages-the whole nine yards ); and Twiggy became the poster child for the "skinny and flat-chested look."

P.S.S. One of the songs from the album is here for the taking. And a nice jump start to your morning! .Click here, s'il vous plait.
 Posted by Picasa

P.S.S.S. Here's another song from the l.p. [ long playing ] but was not heard in the movie. Click here! Classic John Lennon!

No comments: