Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Man of A [Ten]Thousand Faces"or "When Will v.c. [ yours truly ] Hit The Magic Number? Query Submitted by the Lone Stranger [ Pictruandtru ]

 

Apologies to Lon "Werewolf" Chaney!

It has been well-chronicled throughout the ages how yours truly has no earthly idea who in the H.ell [ W.hole ] is pictruandtru. He and I or me and him go way back, yet he remains an enigma.

My other friend, who goes by the unlikely name of hootsbuddy, is known to me, and he is the scoundrel who turned me on to blogorama.

"Cat, [ yours truly ] this blogging business is liberating. You can write about anything and everything; there are no restrictions to content," he wrote and /or told me one fateful day circa 2004.

And the rest is history. Thanks to the hootster [ affectionate nickname coined by....yers truly ] Golden Pond became my embryonic initiation into blogdom. And so far the results have been less than overwhelming. My poor l'il blog is on target to reach a meager 10,000 hits in the next few weeks, while the hootster is about to hit 40,000. ( editor's note: Perhaps he already has. As of this writing, who the fork knows? )

So in reply to me buddy's query,[ ergo, pictruandtru ] G.P. has 9800 and change hits. But if you want to make me feel better about all this, start hitting away. Let's get v.c.'s G.P., his labour of love, up to 10,000. Soon! Or with a quickness as we used to lament at Rowdy High, circa back in the day.

Parting is such sweet sorrow, v.c.

P.S. I recently received this nice comment from one of my readers via e mail. It read:

You are CLASSIC, v.c. . . .what a mind. . .I hope someone "discovers" you . . .as you're the most original person I've ever read . . .WOW! signed Shirley. Location: Beautiful Hawaii!

P.S.S. Yes, it is well-chronicled how I am a legend in my own mind. Alas, to be or not to be-that is the question! Apologies to the Bard!
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

pictruandtru said...

I agree, the time has passed when remaining anonymous is of little benefit to anyone but those who would like no more than to return to the hole from whence we crawled, the Pic!

Anyway, just as I became a boomer near the cut-off, and joined the Pic right before changes were being made quicker than Basic-White-Mix, I bought in whole hogg and enjoyed the ride until it wasn't fun no more. Only then I realized that the "no-fun" part is generally equal opportunity nowadays. I left the place after the Pic for a newer-brighter opportunity that wasn't happening, now I'm contemplating my next move...hopefully my last. Better make it a good one....but, I've re-discovered my wife and children and enjoy going to church every Sunday! Its Great!

You name the place, what state?