Saturday, July 22, 2006

"Yers Truly Is Working Out;" or "Profile Change"

 

The proprietor of the Pond [ yers truly ] has recently changed his profile or "about me." Because it is mired at the bottom of the blog most readers haven't noticed and probably wouldn't give a toot anyhoo. But here is the change in text:

About Me
Name:vietnamcatfish
Location:Pond Jovi, Golden Pond, United States
Forays into the infantile are my specialty. I was born in the 50's so that means I am not getting older-but better. Yeah, right. My hair is thinning; there are more hairs in my ears than fruit flies on a ripe plantain; my libido is like the old gray mare-"it ain't what it used to be;" and I would have loved to retire when age 65 beckons, but it looks as though I'll continue to work until I drop. I love the movies. Some of my personal favorites are: "Casablanca" [ here's looking at you, Kid ]; "The Thing," which starred James Arness as an angry alien carrot from Outer Space; "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" with special effects by Ray Harryhausen; and "From Prussia, er, Russia With Love!" And I love the music. My favorite band is a group that hailed from Liverpool, which makes them Liverpudians. Unfortunately, two of the members are deceased. One was assassinated by a crazed, maniacal killer and the other is now singing Hare Krishna in Heaven. Politically? Well you'll have to read "The Pond" to find out. Welcome to Golden Pond, home to yours truly, Kitty, Catlain, Charlie Jr. and two mischievous pets named Penny and Neil.

View my complete profile
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: