Monday, July 31, 2006

"Ah, Memories"

 
 
 

This lp [ long playing ] was first seen by yours truly circa 1970, when I was a sophomore at Truck U. My new roommate, Rick, had a whole slew of new albums and this be one of them.

It contains the classic "Almost Cut My Hair," which I once satirized with "Almost Cut My [ avocado ] Pear." Giving it a food service theme, eh?

"It increases my paranoia.
Like looking in my mirror
And seeing a po-lice car."

They don't make those kind of lyrics anymore.

The classic vinyl disc also includes "Our House," which is a nice little diddy, reminiscent of the flower power days.

Click here for the song, v.c

P.S. You put the flowers in the vase that you bought. Today ay ay ay ay.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hoots said...

What a great moment!
I still have that album and listen to a band or two occasionally... although I have heard it so much every note is engraved on my memory chip as clearly as the birthday song.
Good music by which to write a comment.
Have a good day.