Friday, January 27, 2012

"Happy Birthday Bob"

Today is Bogus Bob's birthday. Coined by him.


My Aunt Mad saved him from drowning when he was 5 and I was 4. 

We had fun playing on a tree at Mundy's Lake.

We used to have fights as kids, but then we would make up and become best friends again. He was good at throwing rocks, while I used my brawn.


We used to have fights as teens, but then we would make up and become best friends again.

He joined the Navy.

He came home.

We had tumultuous card games. Poker, acey deucey and guts.

We drank at the card games. We used to have fights at the card game, but then we would make up and become best friends again.

He is now 61. I am 60. We don't fight any more. Maybe we grew up a bit. Or maybe we both quit drinking.

Happy Birthday, Bob, my childhood chum. Coined by him!



















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cat,

Never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, pass along best wishes from Texas. In other related news, got hired by The Great State of....George Bush Sr. and Jr. land. Nice to know they did not hold my age against me. I get back to working with kids and courts and messed up parents--it does beat working at the airport hands down or up whichever you prefer. Nice bennies! rock on lubys

vietnamcatfish said...

Dear Rock, Good to hear you've landed on your feet allah a cat with nine lives. Good luck! See if they would consider hiring a broken-down freshly-turned 60 year old.

I will pass on your well wishes to Bogus Bob, my childhood chum of over 50 years. Time does fly when your having fun!

Kids and courts and messed up parents, eh? As they used to say in my old neighborhood: "you got to love it."

Rock steady, Cat

vietnamcatfish said...

P.S. You forgot to mention Ron Paul in the great state of Texas. Who are you voting for. Sorry. For whom are you voting? I'm enjoying the debates. I wonder who Hoots is voting for? Say who hoots ten times as fast as you can!

Anonymous said...

I actually donated to Ron Paul's campaign a couple years ago, then the phone started ringing early this month with hired folks working for his campaign soliciting donations. The one that called me could not spell PAUL after I spotted her the P_UL. Plus I think he has gotten a little weird as the aging process wears on him (snort), how well I know that for a fact. Anyway it is a sad state of affairs out there in political land. And what's up with the Arizona guv and the wagging finger at the President? I remember no matter who the sitting President was he deserved respect. These time's are a'changin. Wasn't that your friend Bob that coined that? rock on lubys

vietnamcatfish said...

Yep it was Bobby Dylan who claimed the times they are a'changing. It all started with women burning their bras and going sans girdle.It ain't been the same since.

Ron Paul does seem a bit dinghy. The President doesn't command respect like they did in yesteryear. Blame the bra and girdle and Saturday Night Live.

Good luck on your new job! And rock steady!