Friday, January 13, 2012

"Facebook, the Social Network"

My old buddy, Hoots, is alive and well and posting on Facebook. He is a big Twitter kind of guy as well.  He posted a video on FB today about a man-just like you and me-and the annoyances he faces in a typical day.

From the kid on a skateboard he almost runs over while backing out of his driveway to waiting in line at a coffee shop and experiencing less than adequate customer service. Just a tip of the iceberg.

Suddenly from out of nowhere, a strange galoot of a man gives him a different set of glasses to peer through. He then realizes that the people annoying him are having their own inner struggles.

One needs a hug; one is co-dependent; one is shy; one fears rejection-well, you get the drift.

Of course, I responded and told Hoots that I needed a hug after viewing, and that I needed a dry handkerchief.

Typical Hoots and typical me. Another of his "I report; you decide."

I like Facebook. And I like how you can reach people you haven't seen in years. And I like playing the games. But FB is mainly for females. 

Examples from women posting there:


1) For dinner we are having country fried steak with cream gravy, blackeye peas, collards, and biscuits. What are you having?


2) My heart is touched today, because the hills are alive with the sound of music. I can almost hear the bells ringing in the dell.

3) It is so hot today. I hate hot weather. I hate cold weather too. I hate all kinds of weather. My favorite weather is 70 degrees. I hate shoveling snow. Brrr. It's so cold. What I wouldn't give to live in Florida. But they have bugs and alligators and crocodiles and hurricanes....

4) I just settled down with a good book and a cup of peppermint aloe tea. I wish my friends could be here to talk. We could squirt perfume on each other. What fun!!

5) Who hasn't flossed their teeth today.? Be sure and eat your fruits and vegetables.


6) Today is over the hump day. I wish it was Friday. Cos Saturday I'm going shopping with the girls. We're gonna squirt perfume, try on dresses, and buy designer handbags. We are giggly with excitement.

7) I'm tired! I worked hard  all day. If Siegfried thinks I'm cooking tonight, he's crazy. It's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches time.Perhaps a drizzle of perfume on my wrist will make me feel better. And a warm bubble bath with a glass of wine.


8) I love me a bubble bath. When the bubbles escape from the water  they remind me of  life. Each bubble has its own shape and trajectory. A different path if you will.

9) I think when the moon is in the Seventh House. And Jupiter aligns with Mars.Then peace will guide the planets. And love will steer the stars. My sign is Aquarius. Aquarians love a good herbal tea and perfume. Woo hoo!

10) I saw a deer in my backyard. The squirrels and chipmunks greeted him. His name is Bambi. That's what I call him anyway. I wanted to invite him in to drink some Kasbah tea, but I couldn't. Deer don't drink herbal tea! XXOO


Facebook for women? I report; you decide!




























4 comments:

John said...

Hi, guy.
Good post. You have a gift for this kind of stuff. I'm reminded of your letters from the orphan abroad.
You should get a Twitter account. The guy who wrote "Shit My Dad Says" did that and made a movie and a book.

vietnamcatfish said...

Thanks Hoots, I enjoyed writing the "Dear Ndugu" stories. I thought about doing another one or two. I want to write more. Your posting helped spur me to action. I'm at my best? bouncing off other people's thoughts and ideas.

I have thought about writing "Shit my Mom Says." It has potential! Lol!

Hope your doing well. I'm hanging in there like a loose tooth.

John said...

Check out One Sentence.

http://www.onesentence.org/

Big stories in very short forms.

vietnamcatfish said...

Thanks John, I will check it out.