Sunday, January 01, 2012

"New Years Resolutions"

It's that time of the year again. New Years Resolutions. It needs no introduction, because we, as denizens of this world, have all made 'em. We have had successes, and, alas, we have had our failures. So without further adieu, here are some I've overheard and some I know of firsthand.


1) Ruby, my mom, wants to continue having good b.m.'s. Bowel movements for the uninformed. Did George Carlin ever weigh in on that universal saying: "take a crap." Take a crap where? Where do you want me to take my crap? Etc.


2) Buddy A little impish dog I know who has vowed not to dig holes in the backyard. And under the fence, so he can make his getaway. It's his  rebellious but adventurous side, but he has come to realize that dangers lurk afoot. Automobiles, golf carts, and wild animals.


3) Cat ( yours truly ), pledges to write more forays into the infantile. Exercise more. And lose weight. Since my trip to San Fran, this writer from Ga. has lost 15-20 lbs. Depending on which way the wind blows and other variables.


Because my publishing deadline is at hand-I'm curious to see if the Tebow train is getting ready for derailment-this foray into the infantile is kaput, fini'.


Happy New Year!!!

No comments: