Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Go Tebow"

Tonight's game was a dud. Big yawn. I do know the folks in N'awlins and Baton Rouge ain't too happy. My old associate manager, one cajunballsauvin, is probably having a sleepless night, because LSBooHoo lost the game. I have not talked to him in over a year, but he is crying in his yuengling tonight.

Not sure where they dined before the game, or if perhaps it was the long layoff, but the Tigers were flat. But then maybe the Tide had something to do with it. 


I did like the Bear back in the day. But I do not like Lou Saban. He got his pantiesinnawad late in the game-with victory assured-when Alabama jumped offsides ( their first penalty ).

He began berating his players for the miscue. He was a few minutes away from winning the mythical National Championship, and he was still a hard ass. 


I liked how Brent Musberger backtracked when he said that Saban may make the Tide fans forget the Bear. No chance!

The game was ho-hum. Why is the game played so late in January? Television and money, eh? Give me Tim Tebow winning in overtime any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The NFL is more exciting and unpredictable. Except for the refs factor.


They screwed the Lions Saturday night. On a Drew Brees fumble, which should have given the Lions a 21-7 lead, and the generous first down awarded???? them early in the third quarter while backed up in their own territory If that was a  first down then my name is Jerry Clower or Huey Long or Billy Cannon or Billy Joke Tolliver.

Anyway, I can't wait for this weekend's games. And it's been a long time since I couldn't get excited about the bowl games.LSBoohoo!

P.S. Go Tebow!












No comments: