Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Olive Garden Seeks to Boost Sagging Sales With Company Makeover"

Another restaurant having problems. I love the comments from the readers.

Olive Garden has a lock on the “affordable Italian food” market. Or does it? Despite its popularity and 750 restaurants across the country, the chain has lost much of its metaphorical spice in recent years.

A buzzy article from the Chicago Tribune goes into the details. There are several problems the chain is struggling to address. The chain has posted disappointing sales figures for five quarters in a row.


The readers respond:

1) cause i figured out i can make shrimp alfredo at home for 4 people for the same price as one plate at OG.


2) how about food that doesn't start off pre packaged in a walk in freezer? call me crazy, but i like fresh ingredients, not hamburger helper a la italia.

3) lower your prices

4) Nobody wants to eat frozen, microwaved food at restaurants anymore?

5) Stop serving soup from 5 gallon buckets and salty sauce from frozen bags!! Get some wine that is at least drinkable and stop charging $15 dollars for 50 cents worth of bland pasta that could be found better at the local mall! It's a start!

6) I once went to my local OG and had short ribs. It was so good that for my birthday I went back with my family and ordered the same dish. It was burnt and the chef came out and told me that is how it supposed to be. What he didn't know is that I graduated from one of the best chef schools in the country. I never went back and will never go back.

Yep!

P.S. I like this one but don't know how she got involved:

First Lady Michelle Obama praised Darden in September for the restaurant's planned changes to its children’s menu. Obama said, “I believe the changes that Darden will make could impact the health and well-being of an entire generation of young people.”  

No comments: