Saturday, March 01, 2008

"Blistering"

The following foray is not about sunburn. I was gonna say apologies to Farrah Fawcett, er, Majors, er, O'Neal, but it would be too obscure a reference. So forget the apology.

Apologies are big these days. Make a comment that's deemed offensive where you stick your foot in your mouth, and you will soon be making an apology.

"I didn't mean to call him [ a racial slur. }"

"I thought tomato was spelled with an e on the backside of it."

"I'm sorry the poor guy was tasered, while I stood by in a futile trance."

But we have run amok in our tale. Tonight's foray into the infantile concerns a blistering flute riff from "Traffic." And, yes, the tune is from-where else but back in the day.



Sunburn is soon around the corner. Methinks I am finally tiring of the cold weather. Spring is a rebirth, eh?

All's fair in love and war, v.c.

No comments: