Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Texas Pop Festival"

Look at the bands that played 1969-08-31 - Lewisville, Texas. Makes Woodstock look like a Franki Valli concert.

Led Zep; Chicago; Ten Years After; BB King; Janis Joplin; Santana; et al. Well, maybe it was Woodstock II. A few days after the historic concert at Yasgur's farm.

Another version of "South California Purples" to follow-my favorite CTA tune. I am you are he as you are me and we are all together. Goo goo ga joob.





P.S. Were you there Rock?


P.S.S. I saw an old Perry Mason the other night-my favorite tv show of All Time-took place in Midland, Texas. Oil country, eh?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, did'nt make that one. Yesterday we had 10.6 inches of snow, today there is very little left on the ground. More is due on Thursday, go figure. Still doing the airport gig, oh well!
rock on lubys

vietnamcatfish said...

It hasn't snowed here or come close. Last year was the first time I had a white Christmas. Good luck on your airport gig. Hope your doing well with your pipes. Rock steady, Cat