Friday, August 19, 2011

"Where's Hoots?"

I'm feeling more and more like my old buddy, Hoots, every day. I'm a blogging this, and I'm a blogging that. He hit the mother lode when he published his post on "What's Barack Obama's Religion?" on his now defunct Hoots' Place. His hits went through the roof. Mine are still minor but I am getting traffic from the darndest of places. Spellcheck has advised me my spelling of darndest is inaccurate.

Someone from Sao Paulo searched for "Monster on the Campus." He was probably surprised it's a movie from the 50's.

Someone from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India hit my blog for Dr. No. Cool, huh?

Someone from Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom looked at GP for at least 19 seconds. All right!

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Another one from there. This one for "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out." Must be the same chap or woman, but it doesn't show on my counter as a return visitor. But what are the odds, eh?

Lyon, Rhone-alpes, France Two visits: August 12 and August 16. Maybe they will return again? A new reader. That would be great!

Le Raincy, Ile-de-france, France for Dr. No. Look for Auric Goldfinger to show up next.

Haskovo, Khaskovo, Bulgaria for Jagger. Lvov, L'vivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine-now that's really cool-for Dr. No.

Szczecin, Zachodniopomorskie, Poland If you said Dr. No, you would be-as Hoots says-spot on.

Speaking of which. What happened to the boy?

So I'm a blogging and getting hits from all over the world.

P.S. I am getting hits from the U.S. A lot looked at my Paul Mac's set list. But I do get a few hits from someone in Midland, Texas, United States. Wonder who it is?

A great song from the King!


P.S. I'm a bloggin' like it's 2099. Apologies to Prince! Btw, whatever happened to ibbq4u2, pictruandtru, clifhenry, et al. The latter three once perused my posts, but not any more.

3 comments:

John said...

I've been paying attention, Cat. You're getting hooked on blogging, it seems. Keep up the good work. My old blog is still out there in the cloud and Sitemeter is still working. Last I checked it gets about 45 hits a day and I haven't touched it for over two years.

It's a good thing Google is run by bots instead of people. If the situation existed with real people they would be too embarrassed to let it go on. All my efforts to recover contact went nowhere.

Meantime, the Newshoggers gig is keeping mr occupied and my blogbuddies there are all smart and easy to get along with. Ron's little video today of part of a Rick Perry interview is priceless. I can't believe Americans actually view some of this year's candidates seriously.

Gimme a call sometime.

Anonymous said...

Still gainfully unemployed out here in the middle world. Not for lack of trying, I wonder if being 59 years young has anything to do with current situation. rock on luby's

P.S.

BTW--Got a personal note from my good buddy George thanking me for outstanding service performed for a customer who took the time to contact The Wherehouse. Got it a month after splitsville, it was dated in May, it appears "the beard" was behind in his correspondance. Just for fun you might want to google his name---big name and big money behind legalizing wacky tabacky in Cali.--could be a reason he moved from Houston to the Sacremento area due to less rednecks per square mile out in lala land.

vietnamcatfish said...

Good to hear from the dynamic duo. I have been checking in on Newshoggers and am glad you found an outlet for your many talents. How many hits do you guys get? I will call you soon or call me, and we'll play ketchup.

My liberal l'il sister-speaking of which, you two would really hit it off-quit her job at a hospital where she worked for over 25 years, and is now training in hypnotherapy. She thinks it may be a good fit for me. She says forget the cliche: "you are getting sleepy."

Yep. We need a guy like Frank Perdue in the White House. He always said "it takes a tough old bird to make a tender chicken."

Rock, they had a job fair here yesterday and thousands showed up. Too bad we're not as old as Hoots, so we could retire for good.

Old George is for wacky tabacky, eh? Congrats on providing outstanding service at the Wherehouse ( LOL! ). That ranks up there with Hell Whole. Good luck on your job search. Let me know how it's going.

Good hearing from you guys. I've got to find my "What is B.O's religion?" Farewell and adieu, cat