Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Hurricane Irene Mania"

 



Hurricane Irene is coming, and it's amazing how the experts can predict the paths and when it will hit.

The above picture is from Folly Beach, South Carolina by way of Charleston, after Hurricane Hugo ravaged here and other parts of the world and USA. I spent many moons there on the beach, frollicking and having a good old time. Spending time with my cousins swimming and stepping in holes in the surf and getting bitten by crabs who didn't like their turf invaded. Ouch. And a few bloody toes at that.

Hurricane Irene has caused the cancellation of Sat/Sundays game bewtween the Mets and the Braves. Good predicting, eh?

So batton down the hatches. And get the hell out of Dodge. Cos this 400 mile wide hildabeast is on its way.

P.S. I liked going to Folly Beach. And I enjoyed a slice of watermelon after swimming. They don't make 'em like that anymore. My Aunt Mad, a watermelon connoisseur ( thanks dictionary.com ), always said a green stem was mandatory when choosing a melon. And thumping it worked too. Too bad she didn't impart the thump to me.

She did impart "pull my finger, l'il fella," to me. After pulling her finger, a loud toot emanated from her backside-I'm assuming her buttocks.


Thanks to Neil Young for tonite's song.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: