Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Rear Window"

 


One of my favorite Hitchcock movies. It's a bit unsettling to watch, however, as Perry Mason, aka Raymond Burr, plays the bad guy.

I saw this one on "Saturday Night at the Movies," the venerable movie show on NBC back in the days of 3 channels. I did happen to see it at the old "Cinerama" in the 80's, along with 5 or 6 other people. By then it was showing movies every now and then.

I also remember seeing movies like "The Brothers Grimm" with Russ Tamblyn; and "How the West Was Won" with Jimmy Stewart in the early 60's. Cinerama was quite a treat then.

P.S. Google is amazing. Of course, there were links to the Atlanta Cinerama when I punched it in. And the two aforementioned films. 1962 I think it was, when I was a young lad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: