Thursday, November 17, 2005

"Slim Stealson, I'ma gonna miss him"

 
 Posted by Picasa

Slim Stealson, a genius who was ahead of his time, retired this month. The food biz owes him a debt of gratitude. Two men, Red and yours truly, searched their feelings and paid homage to one of the giants in the industry. Gone but not forgotten, one Slim Stealson:

Slim Stealson, I'ma gonna miss him
by: seniorpicmgr (58/M/Alabama) 11/17/05 08:08 pm
Msg: 7451 of 7452

Poor 'ol Slim Stealson done up an quit. I'ma gonna miss him. I hopes tha young string bean they puts in hisn's place is gonna continue wif tha legacy.

Now I knowed that him'n Mr Edrobal an tha Azz useta come down on me purty hard sometime, but I figgrd it wuz for tha greater good. Well, I reckon that warn't so, cause ifi'n that wuz tha reazon, they'd all still be around! Tha times they is a changin', agin.

Ol' Slim had hisn's good moments tho', I 'member when he had me cover up alla tha fancy schmancy 8hunnert thousnd dollar interior design frum 'ol Zakaspace wif red an yaller paint. Now ifi't that warn't a good day, then I don't know whut wuz.

Why, unner 'ol Slims rule, we increased profits all along as we steady dropped customers. How'ed he do thaat?

I'ma tellin' ya'll that tha good 'ol days is gone wif tha passin' of 'ol Slim. I shore is hopin' somebody kin come up wif a plan......

My plan is ta git mysef down ta O'Mally's a quick as I kin. I gots a lots a comismeratin' ta take keer of. Via tha good 'ol Irish Whiskey bottle. I hopes ta see 'ol Slim down there a soakin' up some sorrow too!

No comments: