Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"Hell Whole"

I once toiled for many years at a job where it was non-stop fun and games. We had a lot of fun-me and the staff-and we rollicked our way into making money for our company. And all was good. Personally, I had so much personal fulfillment that I wanted to share it with my readers. But how? In a song? But what song would I choose. It had to convey the mystique of my workplace; and it had to embody the very essence of restaurant work.

It had to be a song that titillated the senses and revved one's imagination. But the song I chose would have to be believable. And should it contain pathos for the lead character? [ yours truly ] A tough decision lay ahead.

I thought about using something from the Fab 4. My rendition of "A Hard Day's Night"

It's been a hard day's night
And I've been cooking up some grub.
It's been a hard day's night
I should be soaking in a tub.

Nah, that wouldn't work.

Stones?

When I’m watchin’ my tv
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be.
I can’t get no satisfaction,

Close but no cigar. Here's the song I ultimately chose. The one that captured the true essence of my old workplace.
Submitted for your approval and perusal!

No comments: