Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Remembering"

Dear Rock, I forgot to mention that I, T.H.E. Cat, recalled the show which starred Robert Loggia. I didn't watch the show, however. Must have been scheduled against "Leave It To Beaver'; "Get Smart;" or "Man From Uncle." Or maybe it was up against "The Girl From Uncle;" "Candid Camera;" or "Saturday Night at the Movies."

Or maybe it was matched against "The Lawrence Welk Show with the Lennon Sisters;" "Laugh-In;" or "Bonanza."

My cousin, David, dug it. He and his friends dressed in black to hide in the shadows and to mimic their idol.

I must admit not knowing what T.H.E. stood for. My guess would have been Teddy Harry
Euranus.

On a dissimilar note, what's up with the NFL? One of the biggest games of the year [ Cowboys and Packers ] and it ain't on national television. I don't have the NFL channel on my cable system. The bright side is not listening to the droning-on of one, Bryant Gumbel.

Gotta go with the Packers in this one. Even tho' they're 7 point underdogs. I haven't liked the Cowboys since the overthrow of the Landry regime. Even tho' it has been chronicled as to how the former ownership was tight with the money.

Take care and "Go Pack!" v.c.

P.S. I do have HBO and there's a good special on the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry. From Woody Hayes to Bo Schembeckler. One of the jokes from a Michigan alumni:

"How do you get an Ohio State graduate off your front porch?"

Answer: "Pay him for the pizza!"

No comments: