Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"You Were Perverted, Too."

Thanks, Rock, or Dear Rock.

Which reminds me. I should write another "Dear Cat" foray into the infantile. Those were a lot of fun. My favorite was: "Dear 'She Blew My Nose and Then She Blew My Mind'" in response to a fabricated illusion invented by yers truly.

Via my column I also introduced the word "eh" to my buddy, Marty, who we all know hails from the "Sunshine State," and who uses the word with regularity. Must be some Canadian blood in the catfish family. And when I ventured out into a "Dear Fratbro" spinoff, he was the only one who seemed to enjoy it. He always liked my offbeat ones anyway.

I have had a spike in readership lately. Not sure why? Maybe the Koreans, Icelandics, Fujis, et al have been tuning in. Or perhaps it's my new template. To me it looks more polished and professional. Btw, I know you guys mentioned the Fab 4 song ( "Golden Slumbers; "Carry That Weight;" and "The End ) but no one mentioned my "Vertigo" heading. Look at it closely and you can hear the ocean, er, see an optical illusion.

The food biz sucks but what you gonna do? If I left I'd be a fish out of water. [ pun intention left to the creativity of the readership. ] I just found out tonite that my grandfather, who died from moonshine poisoning, at age 64 dreamed of selling fish sandwiches in downtown Charleston when he retired.

My grandmother [ dad's side ] was a cook at a public school, and my dad peeled spuds in the Navy, circa 1945. So, alas, it was my destiny, eh?

It's always good hearing from the "Rockhead." I will write you via your electronic mail soon. That will be a hoot, and one I look forward to.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. The title of tonite's foray is intended to spike readership. My most viewed post is the one I did on "Flesh Gordon." So I'm looking for all the perverts from New Guinea, Wales, and Okinawa to hit the "Pond."


No comments: