Monday, August 13, 2007

"On the avenue of sinners I have been employed"

I am always inspired by comments from the "Peanut Gallery." Apologies to Buffalo Bob and Howdy Doody. Two from Rockhead two days in a row. Steverino made his debut. Slippery throws one in every now and then. Hoots, ditto. And Marty-well, he's been MIA lately.

I tried to respond to Rock's latest comment, but the Gods at Google deigned otherwise. 'Deigned' is now officially the "word of the day" on G.P. Every now and then I can pull one out of me ass.

"Come Again" by Bread, mentioned in my first response to Rock is so obscure even youtube doesn't have it, so I will opt for a George Harrison one. RIP, George. Harold is on the way.

On the avenue of sinners I have been employed
working there 'til I was near destroyed
I was almost a statistic inside a doctor's case
when I heard the messenger from inner space
He was sending me a signal that so for long I had
ignored
but he held on to my umbilical cord
until the ghost of memory trapped in my body mind
came out of hiding to become alive. signed, v.c., yers truly


P.S. It is now incumbent upon the reader to leave a comment.

1 comment:

Hoots said...

Good find. George Harrison looks a lot like Al Pacino in some of these shots.
Keep yer chin up and all that.
I'm stretched for time this morning and can't leave much in the comments.
Good to hear from Rockhead, too. I bet he enjoys his second life better than the first. I know I do.