Monday, August 22, 2005

Golden Pond

The competition is fierce in today's market place. Recently, your host read where there are 8 million bloggers already on the landscape and are multiplying faster than a swarm of locust in Utah; fruit flies on a black plalntain [ o.k. so I've used that one before but it's appropo to the discussion ]; or rabbits in heat. So the likelihood of one breaking into the big time i.e. booming beaucoup percentage increase in traffic is unlikely. You probably have a better chance of winning the "Big Game" or winning a poker tournament in "Sin City." Apologies to Bruce Willis.

....side note: It was Kitty's birthday Sunday and Charlie Jr. bought his mother the dvd, "Sin City." Now this movie ain't exactly her cup of tea. So perhaps Charlie bought it for himself. I bought Kitty her obligatory M&M's-her chocolate of choice-and she was thrilled to hear that chocolate contains anti-oxidants. "No wonder I'm so healthy," she said.

Back to the blogs. I am turned off by most of them. Why? Because most are boring. And include the "I" word in every sentence. "I woke up this morning, and I ate breakfast. I love Koo Koo, er, Coco Pebbles, and I decided to call my friend to see if she wanted to go with I. I saw a hunk at the Mall and I asked him for the time. I was afraid, too, since I'm somewhat of a wallflower, but I ventured forward anyway. I asked for his phone number, and I like went ballistic when he said I was cute. And I was a babe. And I had huge cleavage. And I talked to him and I asked him if he'd like to hold my hand. I dug him, and I hoped he dug me."

Get the drift. Excuse me, I just had some anti-oxidants. But, of course, the experts warn about eating chocolate in moderation. Duh, really.

For Kitty's birthday, yours truly, er, I cooked a pot roast; made lumpy potatoes from scratch using red potatoes; scrounged-up a fresh spinach salad, sans bacon-seems we had run out; shucked some white corn-thought it was yellow; and cooked some Piggly Wiggly french bread already buttered and ready for the oven-only cost $1.99- what a bargain, eh?; and even made a pineapple upside down cake, courtesy of Betty Crocker. It was fun gettin' in the kitchen. And Kitty was appreciative as these were a few of her favorite things. A tip of the cap to "The Sound of Music" which has a great soundtrack. Very inspirational with catchy melodies and lyrics. Ye old Rodgers and Hammerstein collaboration.

Olga coerced me into seeing the Julie Andrews extravaganza circa 1965. "I don't want to go see that," I said.

"You'll love it, Cat."

"Yeah, right? in my most sarcastic tone. I was into horror and action films and Bond and whodunits. But, alas, Olga was right. And it's been one of me favourites ever since. "Climb every mountain; fjord every stream; follow every rainbow; til you find your dream."

Well, the old clock on the wall says it's beddy-bye time. The blogger fraternity has probably added a thousand new members while the Pond was writing this foray into serious journalism. Until the next time, v.c. P.S. Gimme shelter

2 comments:

Hoots said...

Gerard Van der Leun linked to a movie clip that you will love. Go see.

vietnamcatfish said...

ROFLMAO! Classic Bob Hope who was one funny guy, quick with the ad-lib. The zombie angle, eh? They don't make 'em like they used to. Maybe the Republicans can use this in their next campaign onslaught. Thanks, hootster.