Thursday, November 30, 2006

"The Fish Returns"

Good to hear from everyone. Even a comment from "Slippery." Who is a real person by the way. He and I went to Rowdy High together. From whence time period? Back in the day! Circa the mystical 60's. Late 60's that is. As the world as we knew it was being demolished via Viet Nam, the feminist movement, and the civil rights struggles.

We made it, I guess. But we went through a lot of shit to get here. Which segues into my unemployment scenario. My boss evidently had it out for me. Seems we didn't see eye to eye on management styles. And because he outranked me, I was the one shown the door.

I've never worked with such a vindictive fuck. [ pardon my french, s'il vous plait ] And arrogant, pompous, belittling know-it-all. In 2006, it's hard to believe this guy, who violates most tenets of management, manages to hang on.

One of my stores at the airport was infested with rats. And my boss, the tightwad that he was, refused to seal the holes from whence they came. We had refrigeration issues out the ying-yang. We were supposed to serve beer at 38 degrees from the tap. But none of the stores in the airport in our company even came close. Maybe that's why the fucker didn't like me. Because I was always confused as to what standards we were to follow.

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words. And it's always good to hear from pictru and rockhead. Roll Tide, er, Rock on, Luby's, eh?

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. Tonite's song=

P.S.S. I hate to tell Marty that my picture gizmo isn't working. Alas, no pictures until we can discover the root of the problem. Selah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boss, who is also my "step" son-in-law, and a self-proclaimed Christian as of maybe 2 years ago, is also the most vindictive, arrogant, pompous, belittling, know-it-all person I've ever known too, (except on Sundays, I guess).
AND, drives like a maniac everyday at work, saluting the public on the roadways of metro Atlanta the Michael Vick way!
Well, time to get ready for work and put on my bullet-proof vest for the ride on I-75 to our first job this morning. Not sure how long I'll last working with him either. I must be crazy.
P.S. If a white cube van cuts you off on the highway, remeber, there may be an innocent passenger on-board.
Don't shoot me, I'm only the trombone player, er, I mean, the assistant helper, trying to make a living.
Later,
Slippery

pictruandtru said...

All is not lost..the Yahoo Pic board is still on the web. Although you can't access it through the regular portal, its still up and running by searching a screen name etc. With the new functions available, you can view all the messages you ever posted for years. Its great! For those of us who didn't copy and paste from Word, you're able to revisit your earlier work.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_P/forumview?bn=14192&vmode=1

Perhaps, for those who remain, a common place to meet could be set-up here or myfamily.com for others to visit.

We're not thru..

pictruandtru

pictruandtru said...

NOBODY LOVES U WHEN YOU'RE DOWN AND OUT (Not rated) 23-Jun-01 01:44 pm Nobody loves u when you're down and out
Nobody sees u when you're upside down
Everybody's hustling for a buck and a dime
I'll scratch your back
And you scratch mine

Nobody loves u when you're down and out
Nobody knows you when you're on cloud nine
Everybody's hustling for a buck and a dime
I'll scratch your back
And you knife mine

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Business_%26_Finance/Investments/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_P/threadview?bn=14192&tid=2361&mid=2361