Thursday, February 16, 2006

"May The Force Be With You"

A coppola nites ago I was replying to my sister's e mail. She had called me earlier in the day enlisting my help to see if I could help her find her homework assignment on her computer. She is studying journalism-seems she wants to be a famous writer. Edward R. Murrow and wiretapping on American citizens are some of the subjects they cover.

To make a long story short, I was of no help and the assignment was never retrieved. I found out, too, that she doesn't have a mouse with a right click. [ old Apple PC ]

She wrote the next day thanking me for trying to help. I wrote back saying that perhaps the homework had disappeared into the twilight zone. I started to say something about Ann Sothern, Rod Serling's wife, because I knew she would probably remember her but didn't for some reason.

After hitting the send button to validate my response and to send my message thousands of miles to windy San Fran, I started watching the tv and TCM was my channel of choice. [ as usual on the Pond ] All the movies shown this month have had some kind of Oscar nomination, and tonite's featured movie was "The Best Man" with Henry Fonda. Circa 1964. No sooner had I stopped to watch but Ann Sothern suddenly appears on the screen. I knew her more for her tv show [ "Ann Sothern Show" ] but I would be hard-pressed to tell you any movies she has been in.

Coincidence? I think not. Another strange occurance known as synchronicity. May the force be with you.

And that's all I have to say about that. vee [ apologies to Gump from which it was stolen-the phrase, that is ]

P.S. And whatever happened to Zasu Pitts?

P.S.S. My son Charlie Jr. got his SAT scores back today. I am proud to report he made a 1290. He must take after Kitty.

No comments: