Thursday, February 02, 2006

"The Call Is Coming From INSIDE The House" or "When A Stranger Calls"

The old urban legend tale that circulated when I was a kid.

Brring.

"Hello!"

"Have you checked the children?"

"Huh. Who is this? Just because I'm in an isolated area in a large house doesn't mean you can scare me. Don't call back."

Brring.

"Hello!"

"Have you checked the children?"

"I'm calling the police! Hello, police. I'm receiving threatening phone calls. Where do I live? Twenty miles from civilization. I'm babysitting some kids. Their parents? They won't be back for hours! You'll trace the call. Thank you. I feel so safe. Yes, I always give to the policeman's ball!"

Brring.

Hello, young teenage girl who is miles from nowhere. This is the police. We've traced the call. Get to hell out the house. The call is coming from....INSIDE the house....

No comments: