Saturday, October 09, 2004

There Is No Space In My Heart Tonite

< EOM >

Back in the day on the Yahoo, you could title a post, hit enter and an ( EOM ) would magically appear. Alas, blogging is different. You have to manually enter the aforementioned icon.

If there were space in my heart tonite, I could continue my foray into baseballdom. Ever since I was nine years old, a young whiskersnapper, if you will, yours truly has immersed himself in the game. Playing, watching, but, most of all, collecting baseball cards of my heroes. Now that was a grand hobby. You could buy them at the store, of course, but you could also find them on the back of a box of Post Toasties, Sugar Crisp, Raisin Bran, etc. Even in a package of Kaun's Weiners.

But my story has a similar refrain that many others have endured. Yes, my mother threw away my 1960 Mickey Mantle. Wonder what that would be worth today? And my 1961 Sandy Koufax, the year he went 8-13. ( that's wins and losses for the uninformed ) And my 1962 Chico ( Leo ) Cardenas. And my comic books, mainly from the DC chain. But that's a different story.

But, alas, there's no space in my heart tonite, and no joy in Mudville, as well.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.


No comments: