Thursday, October 14, 2004

I Have A Plan Revisited

Thanks to those who peruse the Pond. And thanks to Snave, the scatologically-inclined poster from Oregon. We make strange bedfellows. You like the Fab 4 and baseball and John Kerry. I like the Fab 4 and baseball and George Bush?

Most of what I write is tongue-in-cheek. And after realizing that my opinion doesn't amount to a "hill of beans" in the grand scheme of things, I decided to go infantile.

My sister hails from the city on the bay and is as left-wing as they come. Her older daughter lives in Orange County and is right-wing but is easily suede, er, swayed by her husband, a staunch George Bush proponent. Her younger daughter-by 12 years-is a chip-off-the-old-block. She hates George Bush. With a passion.

My sister has always been liberal, dating back to high school or even earlier. And that was a rarity-at the time-in the deep South.

My point basically last nite was that John Kerry seems to have a plan for everything. To the casual observer, he would seem the ideal choice. He will tax the rich; he will create jobs; he will make quadri-plegics walk again; he will protect the country; he will straighten-out the quagmire in Iraq; etc.

To each his own. But thanks anyway to those who Peruse the Pond. < Is there a slogan here? > Liberal, middle-of-the-road, and those to the right.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.



No comments: