Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Live Free or Die Hard"

 

I would like to debunk ( word of the day ) the notion that I, yours truly, only watch old movies-Grade B ones at that. Not true. I just have a titillation for the movies of yore. [ mama ] And another new viewer thought G.P. was caught up in the 60's. Not true. Even tho' I share the same titillation.

I did go see the newest from Bruce Willis. I like him in just about anything he does. And he was awesome in "Pulp Fiction," one of my favorite movies EVER! And the original "Die Hard?" It don't get no better. ( double negative but my proofreader was terminated a few days back, and we ain't found nobody yet ) Plus, we have "poetic license" here on G.P.

Anyway, the new flick was great. A bit cartoonish. And a bit unrealistic. Not a bit, actually, but off the Richter scale in terms of believability. That's what was so good about the first one-the script was somewhat plausible.

It's all about escapism. And you can definitely escape in this one. So yore [ mama ] film critic for one day deems this one to be a "thumbs up."

Forget Ebert and Roeper, v.c.

P.S. And whatever happened to Bonnie Bedalia?

P.S.S. Click here for the trailer. ( Rooms to rent-50 cents. I'm a man of means by no means.... ) Sorry for the 60's reference. My bad!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: