Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"Blogs of Note" and "Unfortunately, Mine Ain't Listed"

Tonite, I happened to run across a list that Google proclaims as "blogs of note" while rummaging through blogger.com. Here they are:

* Tartlette
* Anne's Food
* Unit Structures
* Macadaan.com
* les dessins de pierre Alary
* Tantalus Prime
* History on Trial
* The Sychronicity of Indeterminacy
* The Assimilated Negro
* Blogging Zelda

I was intrigued by the "Assimilated Negro" so I stopped by. And read his foray about "The Time I Got Arrested Holding a DVD." Seems he was just walking down the streets of NYC minding his own business, when 3 cops stopped him for questioning-as they pushed him against the fence and began scrutinizing the DVD case. It's a 3 parter, but Act 3 just shows a picture of an empty cell with "to be continued" written across the screen.

Then there's "The Synchronicity of Indeterminacy." For those who have read me for years know my penchant for synchronicity, which "spell check" doesn't even recognize. But when dropping by, it was all greek to me, so I hastily made a retreat.

"Anne's Food" was quite interesting. Many luscious desserts. With accompanying pictures. Apricot pie; kiwi-laced sauce; tangerine belafonte; bela lugosi veronique; and lawn chaney surprise. If you perused my introductory picture at the top of this here blog, and have read the texts concerning "getting my shit together," it will become clear that I do not need to ogle these fine delicacies.

And then there was "Blogging Zelda." Whose introduction smacked of effeteness. ( How 'bout that for the word of the day? )

"Just because you write me a comment doesn't mean I'm a'gonna leave it on my 'precious' site. Cos my 'Blogging Zelda' is so popular and trendy, I can pick and choose whose comments I deem to be worthy." Must be nice. Shirley, people use her to gain attention to their own writings, so she probably has a point.

But then I read her most recent post, and I couldn't make head nor tails out of it. I skipped to the bottom and read comments praising her talents and humor. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's "just a silly phase I'm going through."

I just got off the phone with my sis, again. So the mood has dissipated and has become in the words of that old philosopher, "kaput, fini.'"

Happy Fourth of July and all that, v.c.

P.S. Forgot the summary. Bad form, eh? In summary, the above blogs are submitted for your approval and perusal. As yet another philosopher once penned: "I report; you decide." As this philosopher says: "Make up your own damn mind."


No comments: