Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Dear Prudence"

Written by John Lennon while the Beatles were hobnobbing with the Maharishi in India. One of my favorite tunes, and this one from the "White Album." Prudence was Mia Farrow's sister who tagged along, but one day she didn't want to participate in the frivolities. Hence, a song was born urging Prudence "to come out to play."

The bass line in this tune is outstanding. I always listen in "Old Betsy," my car, with the balance turned to the side which highlights the bass.

The following video cover agrees with my sentiments:

One of my favorite beatles songs from the White Album. I tried something new recording this.. I recorded directly in to the computer rather than use the built in mic by using my mixer. Played on the Bumble Bass. Thanks for watching!

And this one from another youtube Dear Prudence bass cover:

Yet Another bass line from the Album The Beatles (known as the White Album) featuring the great bass line from Dear Prudence, one of John's greatest songs in my opinion.

P.S. I had a Beatles book-it's gotta be around here somewhere-which extolled the virtues of the bass line in D.P. on the very first page.

No comments: