Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Happy Thanksgiving"

 
Posted by Picasa

It's Thanksgiving Eve. How do I feel? Elated! That I no longer have to deal with the Thanksgiving preparation of meals.

No rowdy passive-aggressive guests; no rowdy and passive-aggressive employees aka team members; no phones ringing literally off the hook; no screwups from vendors who ran out of turkeys or dressing or gravy; no rest for the weary. Damn. And to think I put up with this mess for 30 years.

Hell Whole, the establishment where I worked, was always in the top ten in catering sales.

So now I get to reflect on this part of my life, the only thing I can conjure up is: "what was it all about, Alfie?"

Tomorrow I will dine on turkey, dressing, turnip greens, and cranberry sauce. All made the old fashioned way-from scratch.

And tomorrow I will watch the football games from noon til midnight. Ain't life grand? So this is what I've been missing?

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm thankful for no more catering. And many other things, too many to mention here tonight.

P.S. Dear Rock, How's the job search going? Hope all is well!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to what you say. Got a job out at the airport working for a company based out of Hotlanta that does gift shops, oh well it pays well and work is Mon., Tue., Wed., and Thur., pretty much an old geezer schedule and the people seem very nice. Get to close those 4 nites out by 7;30. Not what I wanted but something could change. I hope you and yours have a great holiday---hard to believe we did it all those years. rock on luby's

vietnamcatfish said...

Good to hear from you, Rock. Good to hear you have a job. Old geezer schedule-I like how they say 60 is the new 40. lol. A friend recently asked how old my mom was. I told him 85. He said 80 is the new 60. I disagreed and told him 80 is still the same old 80. My mom's friend just turned 98 but ended up in the hospital on her birthday.
Seems like you have an ideal schedule. Hope it works out for you. Happy TG to you and yours too. Wonder if the Dolphins will put up a fight today? I'm hoping Dee troit will throttle the Pack. And San Fran does in the Ravens.
Rock steady, Cat