Friday, June 15, 2007

"Epilogue"

I first saw the word in tonite's title on the old "Fugitive" tv show from back in da sixties. When Hoots was a hippie and involved in social causes. Drinking wine and perhaps imbibing on a smoke whilst sitting down at a Woolworth's lunch counter. In order to promote equality for all.

Seems Dr. Kimble had his hands full with the law and Lt. Gerald, er, Gerard at the time. Circa back in the day. Homeless and a man on the lam, each episode involved the doctor's pursuit of the one-arm man. Each show was divided into 4 Acts. And each ending closed with an epilogue. Mr. Trivia [ yours truly ] remembers it being a Quinn Martin Production. Why I remember "shit" like this is totally beyond me. But thar she blows, er, thar it nestles in my depleting brain cells located-where else-somewhere in the cranium region.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in my letter last nite one important item. The flagship store [ number 2 ] next to our motel served lukewarm to less than lukewarm food when we would chow-down there. It wasn't every now and then; it was ALWAYS. One item, two, three, four or more would be served less than the required temp.

I once told the associate mgr. who returned with the good news that I was wrong; the pinto beans were 160 degrees. I never bothered again. And didn't eat there when we returned for our second tour of duty.

Good thing I don't work there. We would get to the root of the problems and serve HOT food. But I'll never get the chance, because I am deemed: unworthy.

Oh, well. Wasn't meant to be. And perhaps I can find a job that will fill my life with bliss. C.B. would never have done that. So for that, I'm grateful.

Epilogue and ranting over? v.c.

P.S. Thanks to me buds, the hootster and Marty, for giving me a yahoo and a hell yeah. No, I ain't eatin' there no more. Too damn nasty anyway. And the food sits in a "hot box" for hours. Mushy pinto beans anyone?; black green beans?; salmonella?


P.S.S. I will miss one thing. This song which was piped into the kitchen area. Made everybody go ga-ga. Except for the senior citizen types.

No comments: