Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Carry On....Til Tomorrow"

In younger days, I told myself my life would be my own. And I'd leave the place where sunshine never shone. For my life's too short for waiting when I see the rising sun. Then I know again that I must carry on.

In response to the above paragraph: "Lucy, what happened?"

Tonite I was going to explore the marvelous world of co-dependency, but I ain't got it in me. For future reference, and to those who may be unfamiliar with the definition, here it is:

One of many definitions of codependency is: a set of *maladaptive, *compulsive behaviors learned by family members in order to survive in a family which is experiencing *great emotional pain and stress.

Huh? That's what I said.

This explains it better:

What are some of the symptoms?

* controlling behavior
* distrust
* perfectionism
* avoidance of feelings
* intimacy problems
* caretaking behavior
* hypervigilance (a heightened awareness for potential threat/danger)
* physical illness related to stress

Well, thar you have it, matey. A tip of the iceberg.


In summary: And when the heavy journey's done, I'll rest my weary head
For the world and it's colours will be mine
For my life's too short for waiting when I see the setting sun
Then I know again that I must carry on!

v.c.

P.S. Tonite's song is another tune that my roommate Rick turned me onto back in the daze. He also turned me onto something else before the preview, allah Mitch and Spooky Tooth's rendition of "I Am the Walrus!" The youtube video is from "Magic Christian" which starred Peter Sellers and Ringo Starr. It takes a minute before the song begins, but it is well worth a listen. When I first heard it, I was mesmerized; one of the most beautiful tunes ever. I don't endorse the taking of drugs by no means, but when I was a young teenager and young adult, I imbibed. And unlike Bill Clinton, I did inhale.


No comments: