Friday, January 21, 2005

The Engaged Kitty

I have an unquenchable thirst for celluloid. My profile page includes many movies. I like all kinds. From sci-fi to comedy to drama to romance to et al. But the new computer-animated stuff reeks. Caveat Empty, er, Emptor. [ Yes, I once studied latin.

And I have a gift for remembering trivia from the Hollywood blockbusters. Actually, it's really a curse because it clutters the mind, if you know what I mean. Cos the important stuff sometimes falls by the wayside.

I can view a movie and recognize old character actors such as Jay C. Flippen, Harvey Lembeck, Murray Hamilton just to name a few. Not sure why but I have always viewed the opening and ending credits with a passion. Wanting to know the co-stars, the person behind the music, the director, the producers, the assistants to the stars, etc.

Kitty, my wife, has always liked going to the movies. And she's got to have some popcorn. And a diet coke. Why is it that women's choice of drink is always diet, while us he-men types go with the shuga. Go figga!

Some of Kitty's favorite flicks are "You've Got Mail" and "Pretty Woman." She can watch them over and over and over. Romantic comedies, eh?

Her latest obsession is "Fifty First Dates" with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. A funny movie. Rob Schneider is hilarious as one of the co-stars. Kitty has already watched it 8 times and wants to get an HBO schedule so she can watch it over and over. Why not buy the thing, darling? And obsess your heart away.

But it's late. And Kitty-for all her endearing qualities-has burnt the cornbread in the micro wave. And ooh that smell-putrid does it an injustice-is wreaking havoc on my finely-tuned sense of smell. And Shirley there's a good flick on TCM or HBO.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. They don't make 'em like they used to.

No comments: