Friday, February 04, 2005

Publish or Perish Revisited

I knew the ground rules going in to this blogger craze. Publish or perish. And what have you done for me lately?

But-truth be told- I'm freaking worn out. Plus, I'm getting those old symtoms-circa 1969- when the Hong Kong Flu raised its ugly head and left me devastated in its wake.

And altho parting is such sweet sorrow, publish or perish be damned,

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

In parting John Lennon while with the fab 4 once summed up the way I feel tonite and the last few daze in a song. It went like this:

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
No,no,no.

I'm so tired I don't know what to do
I'm so tired my mind is set on you
I wonder should I call you but I know what you'd do

You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke, it's doing me harm
You know I can't sleep, I can't stop my brain
You know it's three weeks, I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little peace of mind

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
He was such a stupid get.

Exactly!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat, I know your tired after publishing a lot of good original content. Take a brake, do like John does, post other people's material and take credit for it.

Just kidding. Keep burning the candel at both ends!

-Hoots

vietnamcatfish said...

Hoots, Like a candle in the wind is I, er, me. Apologies to Marilyn Monroe and Elton John, via Bernie Taupin. v.c.

P.S. And whatever happened to the "real" hootster?