Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Bored/Kaput/Fini'

Well, I'm back to the bored in more ways than one. I tried, I really did try to become engaged with some of my fellow bloggers. But most of what is written is BORING! Maybe they think the same of the Pond cos my forays into the infantile ain't exactly "knocking 'em dead."

Forays into the infantile? Coined by yours truly. You don't see that anywhere else. And Farewell and adieu? Sure, it was stolen from me all time favorite movie, "Jaws," when Captain Squint, er, Quint sang the spanish hymnal to Hooper, who was bringing on board an anti-shark cage. In hopes of corraling the 25 footer that was wreaking havoc on Amity Island.

And there are others. "You may now disembark the nite train. All a'bored" is one. "May the [ synchronistic ] force be with you." There may be more but ye old memory banks ain't what they used to be. Apologies to the old, grey mare.

But the blogs. Tried reading. Made more than a valiant effort to become engaged but it ain't happening. Even tried "Blonde Sagacity." But her last post about "circumcision" made me want to hurl. Not about the subject matter cos I could really give a rat's ass whether her kid or the kid next day or a kid in Ireland gets a snip and tuck, but because she says it's a macho thing and it's dangerous cos the doc might cut off the penis and it's painful and it's not unsanitary to go au natural and blah blah blah.

Who cares? I don't. And deleting a penis is just another thing for people to worry about. So I deleted her blog from my favorites. Can't take it any more.

My sister, who has always been a hypochondriac, will no longer use a cell phone cos her daughter told her they cause cancer. Damn. Like you're gonna get out of this life alive?

And I've tried the liberal blogs but I HAVE HAD enough. At least change it up from time to time, cos there's got to be something else in your life you can share besides these harangues against Bush.

And the others? It's all "I feel like what was said is...." Well of course you feel that way cos you're writing it.

And: "I decided to go to the mall. And I hailed a taxi. And I knew it would rain. And I arrived at 3 p.m. And I went to the Tattoo Hut. And I thought the owner was cute. And I think I came across too aggressive. And I feel like I hate Bush. And I hate Cheney. And I wish Rumsfeld would croak. And I love the dems."

And then there's the bizarre ones where the poor kids contemplate suicide.

Well, "I've" had enough. Kaput. Fini'.

I deleted all my ex-favorite blogs this week. 'Cept for Hootsbuddy's Place. Hoots, you may be a liberal dem but at least you try to be fair, methinks. And you do change direction instead of the s.o.s.

Well, that's about it. "Tell us how you really feel, eh?" Submitted for your approval and perusal,

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. Thanks Francis Gottlieb. If all the world enjoyed my stuff as you do, I'd be on the N.Y. Times bestseller list yesterday.

P.S. S. Francis, was that you "I" sat next to at the Jethro Tull concert. Back in the day. Aqualung, eh? Or was it Locomotive Breath?

2 comments:

Hoots said...

Thanks, Cat.
Ennui gotcha, I see...
Happens to me sometimes. I think it has to do with great minds trapped in a mindless environment, especially if there is a lot of repetition of the same activities. Even if the activity is productive, the problem can persist.

I wonder if neurosurgeons have the same problem...just want to sit in the yard and have a cold one, avoid the neighbors, pet the dog and indulge fantasies about what life would have been had they become a welder or concert pianist instead.

Try finding out how many local bloggers you can find. If you take a look at how mundane they are, some downright stupid, you might feel encouraged.
At the end of the day, all you need to satisfy is one individual. If you only succeed in reaching one more, that will make two of you.

la fille du fromage said...

why, i do declare mr. catfish, you are scathing in your denunciation of fellow bloggers and rather right on target sir! why, only yesterday i was tempted to chronicle my last last trip to the powder rooom after consuming so many bran muffins that i could barely catch a breathe in my corset. but a bran muffin with honey IS a delightful thing.
out of curiousity sir, have you seen the 1957 movie She-Devil, starring my favourite of the mavericks(bart), that handsome devil mr. jack kelly?
as i see no link to favourite other blogs, i wonder who was on the list before and how revolting you find me...i suppose it's just a morbid curiousity though- the sort that forces one to read the diaries of their enemies to see exactly how much they hate you.