Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It's Like That Sometimes

After last night's rant where do we go from here?

Maybe I didn't think things through [ apologies to George in "Same Time, Next Year." ] A wonderful movie that me and Kitty saw on a doublebill at the drive-in. Back in the day. Same Time was the 2nd feature and we thought it would be the obligatory bomb. But it was excellent. And funny. Plus, I've always had a thing for red heads and Ellyn Burston is truly da bomb.

It aired the other nite on TCM. Didn't know Ms. B was nominated for an Oscar. Along with best cinematography and a coppola others. A tip of the cap to Robert Osborne, grand guru of TCM.

As for "She Devil." Shirley, I've seen it. With Jack Kelly. Yes, I remember the old WB logo which introduced "Cheyenne," "Sugarfoot," "Bronco," "77 Sunset Strip" with Ed "Cookie" Burns, and, of course, "Maverick." A young v.c. remembers, allah Pepperidge Farm, but James Garner was the better imho.

She devil sounds familiar. A black and white b grade thriller where the unsuspecting heroine drinks a magic potion or is bitten by a crab and is transformed into a monster.

Well, it's late.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. And Ms. Fromage. I have added you to my favourites. Anyone who knows Jack Kelley and quotes "The Wrath of Catfish, er, Khan" can't be all bad.

1 comment:

la fille du fromage said...

Who is Shirley? Am I being obtuse?
I was recently reengaged by the Rockford Files and now I'm dreaming in 70's detective show format. I guess maybe I like Bret just as good as Bart now. I'm getting wiser in my old age.