Sunday, December 25, 2011

"The 10 Best Classic Christmas Movies; New Poll Reveals Holiday Favorites "

 
Posted by Picasa

Here are the 10 greatest Christmas movies according to Radio Times. (You can see the full list of 50 classic Christmas movies here.)

It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) 17.83%
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) 10.19%
Love Actually (2003) 7.57%
Elf (2003) 5.94%
Home Alone (1990) 5.73%
Miracle on 34th Street (1994) 4.92%
White Christmas (1954) 4.21%
Die Hard (1988) 4.1%
Scrooge (1951) 3.68%
Santa Claus (1985) 3.18%



2 comments:

Pictruandtru said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks for keeping the memories alive. I wish my memory was better on recipes. I made Choc Chip Pecan, Pumpkin, and Pecan pie today, and they were good, but I can't quite get that line-up look on the pecan pie. Should have kept a few of the cards when I put new ones in the kitchen.

vietnamcatfish said...

Good to hear from you! Long time. Pic had some really good recipes. Pecan Pie was the best. But don't overcook it. Same for apple pie. When shopping at Piggly Wiggly I notice the apples are cooked to a nice brown mush-guess they need some more training. Dixon would have straightened 'em out. He had huge hands as all long time bakers did. From all the whipping of the coconut, chocolate, strawberry, etc. pies.
I remember making 40 sweet potato pies one night for the Thanksgiving catering. Seems the bakeshop was running behind. I remember making red velvet cakes while we were waiting for the pies out the oven. My apron was one Andy Warhol would have been proud of. A psychedelic blend of orange and red.
Sweet potato pie was the pie of choice in my neighborhood easily outdistancing pumpkin. Like 10-1.
Hope all is well. And to think I once thought you were Ron Guidry, Bert Jones, Jim Malmberg or Brett Favre.

P.S. I saved the buttermilk recipe card. 8 lbs. p.m. 8 gallons of water and 1 pint of bm. It comes in handy when Lewis Grizzard's dad comes over for brunch.