Friday, October 28, 2005

"More Carrot Souffle"

So carrot souffle has made its way to Luby's, eh? My legacy, eh? And where's the remuneration? Reminds me of the poor defendant who invents something for his company sans patent, gives it to them; they screw him and take credit for it; he gets pissed and is later framed for murder. So he enlists the aid of Perry Mason, famed attorney from back in the day. Perry rights the wrongs for the poor sole; [ pun intention left to the discretion of the reader ] and he lives happily ever after. Except in my case the fockers [ apologies to De Niro ] continue to pawn it off as their own.

Did I receive anything for my submission? Well, me and me mum did receive a gratuitous thank you letter from the Brass many moons ago. So what am I bitching about? Warm and fuzzy feelings radiate throughout my body.

For the record, my former company did tweek the recipe by adding liquid margarine instead of oleo or butter. And they added the powdered sugar. At first most wanted to put meringue or marshmallows on top. Discretion being the better part of valor rings true in this case, and they opted for the confection.

After 30 years I would have liked to have left with a little more dignity. I worked my ass off. I enjoy my new digs. It's safer; no bathrooms-no bricks in the stall; ( aplogies to Pink Floyd ]; more freedom; less stress; etc. And this year will be my first day off at Thanksgiving in 30 years or more. Can't remember the last one I had off. Lions and Packers? Cowboys and Eagles? Sofa time. And dinner with the family.

No long nights this year the week of Thanksgiving. No phone calls ringing off the hook. No driving to the purveyor to rustle up some last minute products. No exhaustion. No hastles. No headaches. And there's some more good news. I saved hundreds of dollars on my car insurance.

Thanks to mashed potatoes and the bbq man for the nice responses. And real mash, say hello to Rockhead for me. Rock on, L word!

Gimme shelter, v.c.

P.S. Thanks, Geico!

No comments: