Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Parody Derailed

Okay, so I watched the 25 year reunion of Dallas Sunday nite. I got to hobnob with J.R., Sue Ellen, Bobby, Pamela, etc. and got to see how their lives had unfolded after starring in a prime time soap for 13 years. [ 1978-1991 ]

The "Who Shot J.R.?" episode was reportedly seen by 80 million people back in the day.

As one reviewer put it: "Mary Martin's [ Peter Pan ] son was shot by Bing Crosby's daughter.

I must confess. Never saw the first episode. The series ran on Friday nites, where I was always pounding the beat at PIC. My "pie lady" never could stay late on Friday's. She couldn't miss another rendevous with J.R. and the clan.

Even my mom disliked my foray into soapdom. Too much "focking" and "screwing" she said

Oh, well. Can't win 'em all.

Farewell and adieu, v.c.

P.S. Never saw Dallas but did like "Dynasty." Until they moved it from 10 p.m. to 9 p.m. ( ye olde synchronicity of my schedule ) Plus it got progressively stupid and infantile, much like some of the stuff someone else writes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shot J.R. Rock on Luby's Regards,

Rockhead

vietnamcatfish said...

I shot the sheriff. Rock on, Rock Screwing! They don't make 'em like they use to.