Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Magical Mystery Tour"

 


Not for sure cos it was so many years ago, but methinks my sister, who now goes by the name of Raven Shams, gave me this lp for Christmas, circa 1967. It has "I Am the Walrus" my first or second favorite Beatles tune. She also turned me on to Procul Harum via "Shine on Brightly."

MMT also sits to right of Golden Pond-can't miss it.

Anyway some disturbed dolt ranks it as the 10th worst album cover of all time. Me on the other hand would rank it in the top 5. But I'm biased, of course.


The article is by Rob O'Connor:

10) The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour: Sentimentality makes it hard to realize just how terrible this album cover is. It appeals to small children, but weren't the Beatles trying to get away from the teeny-bopper crowd? The U.S. version adds "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane" to an album that already had "I Am The Walrus." No need to turn it into a joke. The film is terrible but the album isn't. But you don't know that by looking at it.


At least he said nice things about the songs.

P.S. I just remembered me and Raven listened to "Walrus" a few times on our magical mystery tour. The ending is up to interpretation. What were they saying? "Everybody got one?" What do you think?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: