Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Perry Mason"

 



My favorite tv show of all time. Of all time. Sure, I've enjoyed "Hill Street Blues;" "Dynasty;" and "Zorro;" but none have done it for me like the King: Perry Mason.

Yes, I've espoused my love for this show in the past. But the good news: Perry Mason reruns are available on channel 248 ( comcast ) every weekday night from 11:30 to 12:30, and 10-11 a.m. M-F.

I am in hog heaven. The shows at night are from 1960. A few episodes ago, a very young Robert Redford played the stepson of a rich guy, who shows up unexpectedly at a board meeting sfter disappearing for a couple of years.

What intrigue. What savoir faire. 1960's L.A. in all its splendor. And every episode a new whodunit.

Last night it was Dabs Greer as the janitor who kills his boss.

"He was gonna tell the police that I stole the secret formulas to the lavender lipstick. I couldn't have that. So I killed him!"

I love 'em. Thank you Comcast and MeTV.


Ain't the internet grand? Here's a link to the R.R. episode. Short clip. "The Case of the Treacherous Toupee."

Love the music too. Opening and ending. What's not to like?


Posted by Picasa

No comments: