Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"9-11"

Of course, I remember where I was. I was heading to my old job at H.W. [ Hell-Whole for the uninformed ] listening to a cd. For whatever reason, I took out the cd and the radio came on as usual. Instead of putting in another cd, I could tell something was amiss. The events the media was describing were unbelievable. Ironically, my route to work was via I-285 and all this took place as I was passing the airport.

I'll never forget how afraid I was that night as I walked to my car, located in the dimly-lit parking lot. I knew the world had changed....forever.

Today, the media talked about how it has been 6 years since the tragedy. 6 years is a long time. I think back on the time frame. I have since had 2 more jobs; my kids are grown; and my own life is indelibly changing.

Semper fi, v.c.

No comments: