Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Coach Goes Ballistic" and "I'm Forty-Come After Me!"

By Jenni Carlson
The Oklahoman
STILLWATER — Bobby Reid stood near the team charters last Friday night, using his cell phone, eating his boxed meal.

It would've been normal post-game activity but for one thing.

His mother was feeding him chicken.

Look at the video to see what the rhubarb is all about. In this case, the coach considers an article by a, uh, female reporter [ Jenni Carlson ] to be unfactual.

P.S. We once served rhubarb pie at my old workplace. I was standing behind the pie section, when a guest pointed to a slice of rhubarb pie. It wasn't a big seller- because who in their right mind would want a piece-so I proudly exclaimed: "Yessir, that's good old rhubarb pie."

"No," he said, "look at it!"

I grabbed the pie and turned it around, and there was a big wad of fungi growing neatly between the rhubarbs.

"Er," I said, and made a hasty retreat outta there.

2 comments:

Hoots said...

Interesting.

Being ignorant about sports I had a hard time connecting the dots, but came across this from San Jose Mercury News.

...college football's YouTube answer to the Miss Teen South Carolina clip...

vietnamcatfish said...

Hoots, I couldn't open the link. I valliantly tried googleing it but to no avail. Such as....such as....much like my readers such as South Africa, Indonesia, and such as Beirut.