Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"New Post From Golden Pond"

Hoots, I tried to leave you a message on H.P. but my computer is still acting up, so I'm depositing it here.

The gambling foray was quite interesting. The nerdy radio announcer is quite good actually. At the end when he said he had been consumed with playing texas Hold'Em and had lost a lot of money, I had to laugh when he mentioned the amount was a measly $350.00. Like that was a lotta money.

I will share some of my exploits later. Exploits is a good word here, because I'm the one who has been exploited. Unfortunately.

I've always heard the life of a pro gambler is a lonely one, but the radio program painted an entirely different picture. Interesting, too, how the female player had been in a 7 month losing skid. And how most of the gamblers have sometimes lost everything, but most have managed to make comebacks. Wonder how they are financed? Loans from the bank? Loans from the mafia? Offers they can't refuse, eh? Or from loan sharks who charge %75 interest.

Good tale and I truly loved the nerdy announcer. He seems to have the fevah.

Lost Wages or Las Vegas? v.c.

P.S. I watched the MNF game. What bias tonite from the announcers. All were pro-Philly. Especially Ron Jaworski. Is Joe Theisman not on the broadcasts this year? Ron J. is a bust. Oh yeah btw, he's an ex-Philly quarterback. Bias in the media. Nah! If so, who'd a thunk it?



P.S.S. I now know what's wrong with my job search. I have lost the.... Video to explain.

No comments: