Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Back Door"

I wanted to make a comment to you, hoots and rock, and this is the easiest way. I just bought a spyware and anti-virus cd for 50 bucks, and it hasn't solved my computer affliction. So I'm going through the back door. 50 bucks down the drain, eh? And when you're unemployed a fitty is like a thousand.

Boys/Giants? At first glance I'm thinking Rangers and Barry Bonds. How dumb of me? Post Parcells, and who can forget Tony Romo fumbling the snap in last year's playoff game? Decidedly, Bill had had enough. Big Tuna that he is....was. Maybe another gig with Nutri-Systems will help allah Don Shula.

Shula and Landry were ignominiously dumped after fruitful careers. Reminds me of Bobby Cox who keeps making some questionable decisions. i.e. playing Willie Harris [ 0-25 ] instead of Matt Diaz. He's too into the %'s. For once I'd like to see him stray from them and go with his gut. And howze old Saltalamachia doing these days?

The above names are foreign to the hootster. Surprised he even knows Michael Vick. Here in Hotlanta you'd have to be a monk not to know the vickster. Maybe he'll return one day-after prison-and play for da Browns and the denizens there known as the-dare I write it-the dog pound. Woof woof. Oh, yeah, the Dawgs beat up on Oklahoma State Saturday, and the Jackets handed Charlie Weiss ( ex genius ) his head.

Mention Kurds and Whey and the hootster springs into action. The popular phrase comes to mind: "it is what it is!"

Mebbe old Wade Phillips will have the Boys ready Sunday. We'll be dickless, er, Vickless when we head to the Minnesota Metrodome. No frozen tundra, allah Green Bay, because it's played indoors now. I'll always remember that awful place with the huge teflon garbage bags in the outfield.

Lonnie Smith got deked out in game 7 of the World Series circa 1991 or was it '92 and DIDN'T score from first base on a ball hit over Kirby Puckett's head. In the 9th inning. Deked by the second basemen. Or was it the shortstop?

I'll look for you in the crowd, Rock, but it's unlikely the hootster will be viewing.

Falcons 27 Minnesota 24. Cowboys 65 Giants 0.

My predictions, v.c.

P.S. And how 'bout them cheap shots from Rowdy Rondee Barber. Seems he doesn't care for Tom Coughlin. Dissension anyone?

1 comment:

Hoots said...

Yep. You got me pegged. Sports is definitely not on my list of burning interests.

Music is another matter. I discovered that I can read the New York Times online from work on the company computer. Great lunch time diversion. Yesterday I learned about Rick Rubin, producer extraordinaire, whom Columbia records has retained in an effort to save the company from bankruptcy unless something changes soon.

About security software, I just installed Tren Micro's PC-cillin which made Consumer Reports best evaluation. Got rid of Norton as best I could, but there is still one little popup that won't uninstall, appearing whenever the computer boots. The new program found over 75 spyware cookies that Norton had not done anything about. Things are faster now, but I am seeing a few popups.