Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"That Sweet Funky Stuff"

 
 
 
 

I thought about writing another bedtime story allah the old days, when the catfish would rustle up a story with a quickness. Ah, those were the days, cos now I ain't got the time. Here's how the story was to play out:

"All right, kids. Time for another story."

"Yeah, Grandpa! How come you have so many hairs in yer ears!"

"Well, your grandpa is in the embryonic stages of a condition known as old-timers disease. You can't remember a damn thing that happened 5 minutes ago, much less the day before. And when you encounter this affliction, suddenly your ears become quite hairy."

"Get on with the story, grandpa. Tell us one about your new job and your boss!"

"Kids, I just remembered. I've got another project to do for my boss. Seems I can't cram all the things he wants me to do in one day's time, so I have to bring it home with me. Can you imagine? The dickhead told me the other day that I was doing a poor job!"

"What's a dickhead, grandpa?"

Anyway, that was the jist of the story. But because I've got [ home ] work to do, the rest of the story will have to wait.

All work and no play, v.c.


P.S. Speaking of sweet funky stuff, here's a link you won't want to miss
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9pdQuV5-I4 Posted by Picasa

No comments: