Saturday, August 12, 2006

"Snippets From The Readers"

The Pond gets comments from time to time. Slippery is good for one every now and then. My friend, Marty, who hails from Boca Raton makes his presence felt every fortnight or less. And the hootster, aka hootsbuddy, sends an occassional reply whenever the Pond tickles his fancy. With an obscure relic from back inna day.

And my old classmate from Rowdy High, Steverino, threw in his 2 cents worth a few forays ago. editor's note: Steverino enjoys the moniker inflicted upon him by the writer of G.P. [ yours truly ]

The enigmatic pictru offers his insights on a semi-regular basis. Although I have no clue to his identity-well, once I thought he may be the director/screenwriter of "Godzilla 1985" or the special effects guru, allah Ray Harryhausen, for some cinematic treasures such as "The Thing," the remake from John "Halloween" Carpenter; or "The Fly," another remake from b.i.t.d. "Help me! Help me!" [ words uttered at the end of the original saga by the scientist, who's stuck in a spider web, and whose experiments have gone awry. ]

And then there's Rock Head on loan from Texarkana or as they used to categorize the villanous masked rasslers: from parts unknown. He also leaves a snippet on an irregular schedule.

Sometimes readers fly under the radar screen and send in their comments privately. My recent post entitled "The Last Plantation" brought some interesting mail from two readers, one from my liberal sis who resides in windy San Fran; and Shirley, who lives in Hawaii:

v.c. . . .VERY interesting blog . . .You've GOT to find a way to publish this really odd twist w/the guy who (thankfully!) beat CMcKinney . . .what an embarrassment this kook was to Georgia . . .what an interesting story . . .the way this fellow came all the around that crazy initerstate to help you . . .and how he was REWARDED for this???

I'll listent to the sounds you sent when I get back there and plug in my microphone . . .I've shared your blog with several folks . . .I just LOVE that McKinney section .. .what a crazy lady . . .

shirley

and:

Dear v.c., Ironically Cynthia McKinny has been a hero of mine for several years.
I am sorry she lost! I have a picture of her that I cherish and have seen her several times in San Francisco and Berkeley. Maybe she'll move to Bay Area where she'll be welcome
by most people. She belongs to a group out here called "Sisters of Fire". Olga

Anyone surprised by sis's comments. Two different views. Shirley=crazy lady. Olga, er, Sis=hero of mine.

Well, it just goes to show you, there's divergent opinions out there. Here on the Pond, we appreciate all of the replies, even the far-left ones espoused by my darling sister.

It's what makes the world go 'round, eh? v.c.

P.S. What else stands out here? Well, there were no 78-year-old blue-haired grannies on the list. There were no families traveling with children. There were no young mothers with children in tow. From boortz.com on the ridiculous non-profiling of Middle-East denizens at American airports. All of the London bombing suspects were well, uh, Muslim.


P.S.S. Slippery, how was the CSNY concert? The account I read said a good bit of folks left the arena when the boys broke into "Let's Impeach the President." Btw, did they croon "Almost Cut My [ avocado ] Pear, er, Hair? One of my favorites from CSNY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't go (CSNY).

Slippery