Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Faith and 'Ungawa!'"

 
 
 
 

Sometimes I can't get away from the v.c. shtick as evidenced by my reply to my niece, Amber, who(m) I affectionately refer to as Amberoonie. She sent me some pictures of her daughter Faith, which I am sharing with you.

As chronicled in posts from yesteryear, she has starred in many movies. "So I Married an Ax Murderer" which starred the dashing Mike Myers of "Shag it to me, baby," [ Austin Powers ] fame; and "Mrs. Doubtfire," with Robin Williams, Sally Field, James Bond ( Pierce Brosnan ) et al; and "Getting Even With Dad." See Ted Danson, Whoopi Goldberg, and a young, mischievous McCauley Caulkin. Ah, time flies when yer havin' fun.

So here's my response, alas, v.c. style:


Great pictures. Faith is really growing up, eh? Thanks for sending them. And I loved the ones of Simba. Although he seems disinterested in a few of them. But it looks like he enjoys the water. In the old Tarzan movies with Johnny Weismuller [ way before your time-mine, too, actually but used to watch them in the 50's and 60's on our old b/w tv screen ] his elephant's name was always Simba. "Ungawa, Simba," was what he always said. And Tarzan atop Simba would glide through the jungle while having many adventures.

"Ungawa" was junglese for communicating with the animals. It could mean anything from having Simba push a huge boulder to seal up a cave entrance to stomping on ruthless natives to riding into hostile environments. Normally, ruthless African Tribes. Another favorite line from the Tarzan series. "Guns bad-Men bad!"

Faith looks like she will be tall. And she is very happy.. Is pink still her favorite color? A girl thing, eh?

How are you doing? When are you due to download numero dose? Or is it dos?

Kitty just had a birthday and is now *%&$* years old. Who'd a thunk it?

Thanks again for the pix. Faith is adorable. Come see us soon!!!!!!!

Love you, Uncle v.c. and klan, er, clan.
P.S. Give my regards to Bone, sis, and your left-wing mother. And Simba. ( please click here, s'il vous plait )Ungawa Posted by Picasa
P.S.S. Faitheroonie has a nice ring to it, eh?

No comments: